Wednesday, June 4, 2008

California Surprise


Early Memorial Day morning we woke the kids and told them to get in the car . . . we were going somewhere fun! They cooperated very well, and surprisingly asked very few questions. Outside of St. George, Kelly and I were dying to tell the kids, so we told them to make a few guesses about where we were going. Kenzie guessed Lake Powell, Katie guessed the North Pole, and Courtney guessed St. George. We then decided to give them "a clue" by passing out some Disney coloring books. Courtney immediately piped up, "Ooo! I think I know! Disneyland?!" When we answered yes, Kenzie started screaming -- which triggered gleeful yells from Josh, and many giggles from Katie and Courtney. Anyway, it was a fantastic week filled with miracles and unbelievably wonderful moments. Here are a few highlights!

2 comments:

Kris said...

Where are the pics?? I'm dying to see them.

Mimi said...

I'm so glad you ALL enjoyed the trip. It sounds like you did some great planning. I know adventures like these can at times backfire and be exhausting. Way to make it a surprise.